Located along the southern tip of Shimabara peninsula, the Minami Shimabara Olle course is a great walk for all experience levels. The 10km marked trail begins in the town of Kuchinotsu, leading walkers around the charming little port town, through woods and rolling hills, before coming to an end along the beautiful coastline of the Ariake Sea.
Sights not to miss include the Sezumesaki Lighthouse and the chance to walk along the rocky volcanic coastline at low-tide. This course can be accessed by car or bus from Shimabara, Obama or Isahaya.
Time required: 3-5hrs (return)
More information in the Mountain Madness special article available early 2017!
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Minami Shimabara Olle trail course
- 2Location of the Arrival of the Nanban Ships
- 3Marine Festival in Kuchinotsu
- 4Dolphin Watching (from Kuchinotsu)
- 5Minamishimabara Sakura Festivals
- 6Kuchinotsu Onsen Shirahama ｂｅａｃｈ hotel
- 7Kuchinotsu Museum of History and Folklor...
- 8Dream & Handcraft Festival in Kazusa
- 9Summer Festival in Kazusa
- 10Fireworks in Kazusa
- 11Official Opening of the Beach to Bathers
- 12Maehama Swimming Beach
- 13Dolphin Watching (from Kazusa)
- 14Sea Bream Fishing Competition in Kazusa
- 15Anakannon Cave
- 16 Mount Iwado
- 17Shirakino-Tanimizu Rice Terraced Fields