Tucked away from the town's main thoroughfares, peaceful Hamanokawa spring is the source of the water used by Shimabara locals in their day to day lives.
The water flows into four pools, each of which have a different use - such as water for cooking, or laundry. You can even try some of delicious the water from the first pool for yourself!
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Hamanokawa Spring
- 2SHIMABARA HAKUSANHOTEL
- 3SHIMABARA HAKUSAN HOTEL
- 4City of Swimming Carp
- 5Shimabara Church
- 6Shimeiso Spring Garden
- 8Shimabara Yuusuikan
- 9Shimabara Castle Town Hinameguri
- 10Business Hotel Toraya
- 11Shimabara Ferry port Tourist Information...
- 12Shimabara Castle Takigi Noh (Bonfire Noh)
- 13Shimabara Castle
- 14Shimabara Castle
- 16Old Samurai Warriors’ Houses
- 17HOTEL SEASIDE SHIMABARA
- 18Old Samurai Warriors’ Houses
- 19Toyo TsukumoBay Hotel
- 20Toyo Tsukumo Bay Hotel
- 21Shimbara Water Festival
- 22Unzen Disaster Memorial Hall
- 23Shimabara Peninsula: Shimatetsu One Day ...
- 24Minamishimabara Sakura Festivals
- 25Memorial Park of Houses Destroyed by Deb...
- 26Ruins of the Former Onokoba Elementary S...
- 27Onokoba Soil-Erosion Control Station
- 28Fukae Archeological Research and Volcani...