Mount Iwado is a piece of land facing the sea, shaped as a mountain island. It is a natural viewpoint. In the past, it was worshipped as the holy place of the Goddess Kannon.
In 1928, Mount Iwado was nominated and made a National Natural Treasure, because among its 190 types of plants that naturally grow there, many of them are considered rare and precious species. It has been called “Mount Iwado with plants and trees that grow in a warm climate”.
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1 Mount Iwado
- 2Anakannon Cave
- 3Dolphin Watching (from Kazusa)
- 4Sea Bream Fishing Competition in Kazusa
- 5Official Opening of the Beach to Bathers
- 6Fireworks in Kazusa
- 7Maehama Swimming Beach
- 8Dream & Handcraft Festival in Kazusa
- 9Summer Festival in Kazusa
- 10Kuchinotsu Onsen Shirahama ｂｅａｃｈ hotel
- 11Minami Shimabara Olle trail course
- 12Location of the Arrival of the Nanban Ships
- 13Marine Festival in Kuchinotsu
- 14Minamishimabara Sakura Festivals
- 15Dolphin Watching (from Kuchinotsu)
- 16Futagoiwa Rock
- 17Kuchinotsu Museum of History and Folklor...