The massive volcanic eruption of Mount Unzen on September 15th 1991, caused severe damage to the Onokoba Elementary School. The building has been preserved intact to pass down the memory of the violent impact of the pyroclastic flow.
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Ruins of the Former Onokoba Elementary S...
- 2Onokoba Soil-Erosion Control Station
- 3Fukae Archeological Research and Volcani...
- 4Minamishimabara Sakura Festivals
- 5Memorial Park of Houses Destroyed by Deb...
- 6Unzen Disaster Memorial Hall
- 7Toyo TsukumoBay Hotel
- 8Toyo Tsukumo Bay Hotel
- 9Industrial Festival in Fukae
- 10HOTEL SEASIDE SHIMABARA
- 12Shimabara Ferry port Tourist Information...
- 13Business Hotel Toraya
- 14SHIMABARA HAKUSAN HOTEL
- 15SHIMABARA HAKUSANHOTEL
- 16Shimabara Church
- 17Hamanokawa Spring
- 18“Let’s play outside!” Festival
- 19Tawaraishi Viewpoint