- February or March & middle to the end of October
The town of Arie in Minami-Shimabara has flourished since the old times whilst being known as the “place of the village headman”. Arie’s sake & miso breweries, somen noodle factories and brick factories are part of the town’s industrial heritage. Many shrines, temples and Christian tombstones found in this area prove its historical heritage. All in all, this town preserves an old and nostalgic atmosphere where you can experience a time slip.
The aim of the “Breweries Tour Festival in Arie” is to hand down this heritage to future generations whilst revitalizing the local economy. This event features fresh made sake tasting, a display of the girl’s festival doll decorations in spring and a classical concert in autumn, a tour of the breweries and their gardens, treasure hunting, a lottery and more.
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- Festivals & Traditional Culture
- Food & Specialties
- History & Culture
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Breweries Tour Festival in Arie
- 2Go no Kura Shimabara Ikki Mura Furuse ‒ ...
- 3Arie Hamankora Beach Festival
- 4Ichi no Kura － Yoshida Sake Brewery
- 5Yon no Kura Yamakome – Soy Sauce and Mis...
- 6San no Kura Kiyoya － Soy Sauce and Miso...
- 7Ni no Kura ― Urakawa Brewery
- 8Summer Festival in Arie
- 9Summer Festival in Nishi Arie
- 10Misogoro Festival in Nishi Arie
- 11Christian Tombstone
- 12sioyu Ryokan
- 13Konpira Park Festival in Futsu
- 14Lively Summer Festival in Futsu