- April 29th
This festival at the Arie Tawaraishi Nature Athletic Park takes place every year during Golden Week and it is meant for children and families. Especially popular is somen nagashi (somen noodles have to be caught with chopsticks while they’re flowing down in the water inside a long bamboo stock) and every year a big crowd waits next to it. This event also features stalls with games run by children, a live performance of Arie Junior High School’s brass band, taiko (Japanese traditional percussion) and other musical performances. The children can also enjoy athletic exercises on special tracks installed in the park. All in all, this is a great event to spend the day amongst nature and outside!
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- History & Culture
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1“Let’s play outside!” Festival
- 2Ayugaeri Waterfall
- 3Tawaraishi Viewpoint
- 4Yumoto Hotel since 1695
- 5Summer Festival in Arie
- 6Industrial Festival in Fukae
- 7To No Sumi Waterfall
- 8To No Sumi Waterfall Park Festival
- 9Ni no Kura ― Urakawa Brewery
- 10San no Kura Kiyoya － Soy Sauce and Miso...
- 11Ichi no Kura － Yoshida Sake Brewery
- 12Seiunso Resort Hotel & Spa
- 13Fukae Archeological Research and Volcani...
- 14Onokoba Soil-Erosion Control Station
- 15Konpira Park Festival in Futsu
- 16Lively Summer Festival in Futsu
- 17Ruins of the Former Onokoba Elementary S...
- 18Nita Pass, Unzen
- 19Fugendake & Heisei Shinzan Volcano Trail