In the Edo Era (1600-1868), the Ikitsuki Christians hid in secluded spots on the island. In 1878, Fr. Pélu arrived and took charge of missionary activities in the areas around Hirado and Ikitsuki. The hidden Christians were baptized and rejoined the Roman Catholic Church. Tetsukawa Yosuke designed and constructed the church in 1912.
- Hirado City, Matsuura City & Kitamatsuura District