- First weekend of August
Shimabara Water festival will be held on the first weekend of August in Shimabara City, where the richabundant natural spring water has flowed throughfilled in the streets of former samurai residences in the old cast castle town since years gone by.with former samurai houses.
This festival is held to show the appreciation for the natural spring water and to make cultivate athe city rich in water and greenery.
There will be bamboo lanterns and art objects made of from gigantic traditional Japanese classic umbrellas, and lights all along the canal waterways through the castle town and former samurai residences.
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- Festivals & Traditional Culture
- Food & Specialties
- History & Culture
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Shimbara Water Festival
- 2Old Samurai Warriors’ Houses
- 3Old Samurai Warriors’ Houses
- 4Shimabara Castle
- 5Shimabara Castle Takigi Noh (Bonfire Noh)
- 6Shimabara Castle
- 7Shimabara Castle Town Hinameguri
- 8Shimabara Yuusuikan
- 10Shimeiso Spring Garden
- 11City of Swimming Carp
- 12Shimabara Church
- 13Hamanokawa Spring
- 14SHIMABARA HAKUSANHOTEL
- 15SHIMABARA HAKUSAN HOTEL
- 16Business Hotel Toraya
- 18Shimabara Ferry port Tourist Information...
- 19HOTEL SEASIDE SHIMABARA
- 20Toyo TsukumoBay Hotel
- 21Toyo Tsukumo Bay Hotel