Stone Garden of the Former Enyu-ji Temple

旧円融寺庭園

Stone Garden of the Former Enyu-ji Temple

OVERVIEW

Enyu-ji Temple was built by the fourth domain chief Suminaga in 1652. Designed in the “stone garden” style of the early days of the Edo period, the garden uses a variety of stone combinations with over 400 stones along a slope stretching some 50 meter east-west. Reminiscent of the original grandeur of the garden, it also features a gardening concept that simulates a san-sui (mountain-water) landscape painting with water flows simulated by white pebble stones, and dry falls and flows created using the natural topography.

AREA
Omura City & Isahaya City
INFORMATION

MAP

NEARBY TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
PAGETOP