This is the only museum in the world where one can experience a simulated volcanic eruption, and learn about the damage caused by the disaster and the efforts for recovery. The Memorial Park of Houses Destroyed by the Debris Flow is located nearby.
- Shimabara Peninsula (Unzen City & Shimabara City & Obama Town & Minami-Shimabara City)
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Unzen Disaster Memorial Hall
- 2Memorial Park of Houses Destroyed by Deb...
- 3Minamishimabara Sakura Festivals
- 4Toyo Tsukumo Bay Hotel
- 5Toyo TsukumoBay Hotel
- 6HOTEL SEASIDE SHIMABARA
- 8Shimabara Ferry port Tourist Information...
- 9Business Hotel Toraya
- 10Ruins of the Former Onokoba Elementary S...
- 11Onokoba Soil-Erosion Control Station
- 12Fukae Archeological Research and Volcani...
- 13Industrial Festival in Fukae
- 14SHIMABARA HAKUSAN HOTEL
- 15SHIMABARA HAKUSANHOTEL
- 16Hamanokawa Spring
- 17Shimabara Church
- 18City of Swimming Carp
- 19Shimeiso Spring Garden
- 21Shimabara Yuusuikan