Omura Sumitada was Japan’s first Christian Daimyo (Samurai war lord), who with foresight and vision sent a group of young Japanese emissaries to Rome (known as the “Tensho Embassy”).This park was built at the residence where Omura Sunitada breathed his last breath. A garden with a fountain and its clean flow of water still remains as the core attraction of the park. Visitors can learn some historical facts about Sumitada including details of local Japanese Christians and trading with the West.
- Omura City & Isahaya City
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
- 1Omura Sumitada Historical Park
- 2Omura Yume Farm ChouChou
- 3Omura Nagoshi Summer Festival
- 4Chisun Inn Omura Nagasaki Airport
- 5Monument to the Tensho Boys Mission to E...
- 6NAGASAKI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL
- 7Stone Garden of the Former Enyu-ji Temple
- 8Nodake Lake Park
- 9Omura Park
- 10Omura Flower Festival